Day 3 of the Simply Fit Guide is a rest day, so we are going to share one of Erica's amazing recipes with you! The recipe is for what Erica calls Blueberry "Scuffins", because they are a super delicious cross between a scone and a muffin. This recipe is gluten and dairy free as well, so enjoy :)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup canned, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup + 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, honey and coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet while whisking until all the ingredients are combined.
- Next, fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Using an ice cream scooper, drop the batter onto the lined baking sheet and lightly press down each ball of batter.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Rotate and bake for another 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge. Enjoy :)